Welcome to Knuckleballs!
Welcome to Knuckleballs Baseball Blog, my first attempt at writing for a public audience about baseball. What you need to know about me: I like baseball, the Cleveland Indians, and writing – the rest you can figure out as we go. I want most of all for this to be a fun endeavor, but I do have some goals for the site, which I will unequivocally back off of when I fail to meet them.
1) A post per day. Simple enough goal, but we’ll see if I have the energy to keep up with that. Most posts will probably be between 500 and 1,000 words, and topics will include:
- Underappreciated Players
- Teams/Players/Managers that suck
- Game Analysis
- Why things happened
- Really smart or really stupid things
2) I want there to be open discussion of the ideas presented here. The comment threads I hope will be as important as the posts themselves.
3) I hope to have guest writers once discussion begins about some of the things I bring up. The goal for these posts will be to either a) reign me in on some topic I’m championing or to b) present another topic for discussion that you know more about than I do. If you’re interested, let me know.
I’m simply going to attempt to be creative while writing about something thousands of other people are writing about. Hopefully I’ll write some things that you won’t see anywhere else. Mostly though, I really love baseball and would love to spend the rest of my life discussing it, researching it, and living it.
Lastly, I’m going to pull a Jim Rome – give me two weeks, and if you’re interest isn’t piqued, you won’t like it anyway. If you’ve gone this far, maybe you’re willing to come a little further. Alright, I’ll stop stealing other people’s lines and start working on my own. I appreciate everyone giving Knuckleballs a chance.